Aims & Goals
Our primary goal is to ensure that we provide the highest quality childcare that is both accessible and affordable. Our setting will differentiate itself by a passionate attention to detail in everything we do underpinned by our quality programme.
Your children will be safe, loved and stimulated in an efficient, well maintained and above all homely environment. We will promote a healthy understanding and respect for natural values in all aspects of the setting.
Above all, we want your children to leave our setting with the confidence and skills to help them meet the challenges that lie ahead in the school system and beyond. We passionately believe this to be a joint effort between the setting and parents and to that end we will promote the right environment for that partnership to succeed.
Ultimately, we wish to be a leading exponent of day setting best practices and to achieve this through consideration of the needs of the child, the family, our staff, the community and the environment. The strategy we have adopted to achieve our mission is:
To enhance our quality of provision through continuous improvements in:
- Communication and participation.
- Our policies and procedures.
- Management and staff training.
- The quality of our equipment and materials.
- Investing in the building and it’s fixtures and fittings.
- To engender the trust and respect of the setting stakeholders and funders.
- To manage the balance between business needs and peoples needs.
- To effectively implement childcare strategies and government legislation.
- To maintain setting development plans.
The values that we have adopted to achieve our Mission are that we will always strive to:
- Behave ethically.
- Ensure that children and their families are our paramount concern.
- Create a stimulating and comfortable working environment.
- Respond sympathetically to needs of our people.
- Ensure the care of the environment.
- Act with integrity and trust.
- Take pride in everything we do.
- Always strive to improve what we do.
- Value the contributions of employees.
- Encourage and reward the highest standards.
Aims and Objectives
Our key aims and objectives can be broken down into the following
- Aims and objectives for the setting generally.
- Aims and objectives for children and the curriculum.
- Aims and objectives for parents, carers and families.
- Aims and objectives for staff.
Ownership and Communication of Aims and Objectives
Ownership of the aims and objectives of the setting ultimately resides with the Management Team, comprising the Committee, Administration, Setting Manager and Deputy Manager. The team will meet each other in January to review the aims and objectives of the previous year and to formulate the policy for the following year.
Aims and objectives will be communicated through:
- The curriculum.
- Child observation.
- Staff Handbook.
- Staff appraisals and targets.
- Parents Handbook.
- Setting Information Guide for Parents and Carers.
- Parent meetings and events.
- Policies and procedures (copies available in reception area).
- Staff meetings (monthly).
- Committee meetings (monthly).
- Noticeboards and signage.
- Setting website.
Our aims and objectives will be formulated and reviewed by regular reference to the following:
- Parent surveys.
- Staff surveys.
- Feedback from the children as appropriate.
- Through quality improvement programmes.
- Management review meetings.
- Awareness of industry best practice (membership of Pre-School Learning Alliance).
- Subscription to industry periodicals such as Nursery World and Eye Magazine.
- Awareness of DfE and Early Years initiatives.
- Our staff training programme.
For the purposes of this policy we describe an aim as a general statement of intent. It tries to summarise, in broad terms, an activity which needs to take place to maintain and improve setting operations.
Once we have established our aims it is then important to break these down into small, achievable activities and tasks, which will become our objectives. These objectives will be contained in our policies, procedures, handbooks and general documentation. Each activity will be governed by:
- What we will do.
- When the task or activity will be achieved.
- Using what (resources, equipment, facilities).
- To what standard.
Our Overall Business Aims and Targets
In order for the setting to develop, we need a clear vision of where we want to be and to have sight of the key aims and targets that need to be understood by everyone involved in the setting operations:
- To achieve a sustainable level of financial stability.
- To achieve an “Outstanding” rating from Ofsted across all areas of inspection.
- To maintain an occupancy level above 90%.
- To attract high quality, motivated and loyal staff.
- To secure most of our bookings by referral and word of mouth.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the Local Authority and the local Early Years groups.
- To have a healthy working relationship with the local maintained and independent schools.
Examples of how the aims will be achieved
- By producing monthly management accounts we will be able to monitor the financial health of the setting.
- We will continue to participate in the Quality Improvement programme as well as consider other quality initiatives. This will keep us focused on the detail of maintaining high standards.
- We will ensure that we have an action plan that is built around the Outcomes for Children to ensure that we can maintain our Ofsted rating.
Aims and Objectives for Children
The overall aim is to create a warm, welcoming and homely environment in which children across the age ranges can feel comfortable and safe, allowing them to thrive and grow in confidence. Working in conjunction with parents, carers, families and other appropriate groups we will focus on the children’s personal, social and emotional development when planning our curriculum and activities.
Children attending the setting will be safe, loved and stimulated in an efficient, well maintained and above all homely environment. We will promote a healthy understanding and respect for natural values in all aspects of the setting.
Above all, we want children to leave our setting with the confidence and skills to help them meet the challenges that lie ahead in the school system and beyond. Our programme of care and education will aim to achieve the following key outcomes for our children:
- To encourage language and communication with other children and adults.
- To encourage each child with sharing and being part of a group.
- To offer each child the most suitable stimuli for their stage of development.
- To encourage each child to persevere, without fearing being wrong.
- To encourage each child to be kind and compassionate to others.
- To encourage children to control their emotions and learn to express themselves appropriately.
- To allow each child to learn through fun and pleasurable activities.
We passionately believe this to be a joint effort between the setting and parents / carers and to that end we will promote the right environment for that partnership to succeed.
Curriculum, Learning and Play
We will promote a natural and stimulating environment both inside and out to allow children the time to explore the world around them at their own pace. Our curriculum and approach to day care aims to include best practice from both private and government maintained settings, ultimately preparing the way for child’s entrance into the school system.
We aim to achieve a sensible balance between free and structured activities by offering a wide range of supervised activities designed to encourage language, confidence and independence. Our curriculum is based on good childcare best practices and is underpinned by the Government’s Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) into our daily activities and curriculum.
Aims and Objectives for Staff
The overall aim of our staffing policy will be to establish an environment, which promotes staff loyalty and commitment. By generally ensuring there is consistency in our staffing, children develop a sense of security and are able to relate to their key carers in the setting. In order to promote high levels of staff loyalty with the setting, we are proposing the following:
- To build an environment and reputation with which staff are proud to be associated.
- To offer quality and appropriate training sessions.
- To have regular appraisals by the leaders.
- To have regular staff meetings.
- To have clearly defined HR policies and procedures.
- To promote an environment of open and honest communication.
- To promote a team spirit.
Aims and Objectives for Partnership with Parents, Carers and Families
We recognise that a child’s first impression of the world begins at home and it is therefore vital that both the setting and parents work together. Parents are encouraged to share their ideas with us to help shape the service we offer to the children.
We value the contributions made by parents and will actively seek a partnership through which the children will benefit by having continuous and consistent care. This is an essential ingredient in supporting their confidence and developing their learning potential. We understand that parents are the first and most enduring carers and educators of their children.
Regular communication and exchange of information is the key aim of our parent partnership which we will achieve in the following ways:
- Our parent handbook.
- Our website.
- The parent and carer noticeboard.
- Long-term reports about each child based on observations.
- Setting policies published in our reception area.
- The setting newsletter.
- General notices and signs around the setting.
- Parent and carer meetings.
- Social events such as parents evenings, spring fayre and open days.
- Suggestion box.
- Complaints procedure (in policy folder).
- Key person allocated to each child.
- Links with schools, health centres and local businesses.
Bearing in mind parents and children could be with us for two years, it is essential we establish an environment that makes it easy to exchange information and views. We also want to make it easy for parents as well as children to make new acquaintances and friends and we provide lots of opportunities for the to happen.